Sunday, January 01, 2006

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West

Hey everyone, I noticed that i has been a while since I wrote another blog on my page, so I thought I would write briefly about my experience with the new book that I got for Christmas from my brother. It's called "Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West" and I am loving it. I have never been a big fan of reading cause, quite frankly, who needs to read when there are so many more interesting things on TV. But man oh man, this book might get me started into reading books as a regular hobby. The idea of the book, just like the play, is an alternate look at the world of Oz. The main focus on the book is Elphaba (the Wicked Witch of the West). It tells you how she was born, how she was raised, and right now I am up to where she goes to Shiz University (the school most gifted kids go to to learn).

I also received the sequel to this book, Son of a Witch, which I'm guessing follows Elphaba's son. Should be an interesting couple of months reading these two books. I would recommend all my friends see the Wicked play I mentioned in my earlier blog and then pick up the book, it really is a great experience.

-B

No comments: