Thursday, March 30, 2006

Bubba Sparxxx Album Release Party

Last night, my good friend/producer Donte909 invited me to attend the Bubba Sparxxx album release party. It was my first type of music event, so I was a little nervous. I burned about 20 or so CDs in case I happened to meet someone who was interested in my music and I also updated my iPod with my new song. I got there at about 8pm and I proceeded directly to the DJ area, submitted my CD and I requested if he could play the first track sometime in the evening. He said no problem. I then started to walk around and see what kind of people were around. Since Donte wasn't there yet, I decided to just walk around and take in the atmosphere. He has suggested that I mingle at this event, but I'm not the type of person to sit down with complete strangers and strike up conversation. So I just basically stood around, had a drink, observed the people, and waited for Donte. I waited for him until about 11:30pm, that's when he and his brother (Big Ben) FINALLY got there. He then proceeded to take pics of some of the people there, got their information, and then he introduced me as his reggaeton artist and if they'd mind taking a pic with me. It was more fun when he was there.

Then, towards the end of the night, Donte had me snap a shot with some guy with a white baseball cap and a fur jacket. I had no idea who is was, but here is the pic...

Image hosting by Photobucket


...so after the pic, Donte asks me, "Do you know who that was?" and I say, "No, but I know that he was wearing alot of fur" then he says "That was Bennie Man" and I was just shocked that he was there and also how Donte got the pic off so quickly and perfectly. As soon as the rest of the place knew, it turned from Bubba's party to Beenie's party. They were playing all Beenie's songs for the rest of the night. Then, as we were leaving, Bubba was passing us by and Donte asked if he could take a pic with me that I was an up-and-coming reggaeton artist, he agreed, but then these two girls I took pics with earlier jumped on him and were like seducing him while Donte was trying to get the pic. Donte called his attention and he proceeded to pose for the camera...

Image hosting by Photobucket


... so yea, basically that was my evening. And then on April 7th, I have tickets to go to the bad boy entertainment party at the copa in NYC. I am going to try to get business cards done so I can put with my CD so I can possibly hand them out to people.

Till next time friends...

-B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup today is the day of the bubba party Good lord am I tired!! lol I have to refuel for the party:) this time mingle more mister and ofcourse ill help ya :D ok well muahhh