Monday, February 06, 2006

3 out of 4 ain't bad! (update on music)

Hey everyone, just wanted to give an update on my music. Well, I talked to my BMG rep and I sang 3 new songs that I wrote for him over the phone. He liked 2 songs and put a question mark on one of them. He really likes my style of writing and he believes that my uniqueness is what is going to sell me. We are having a bit of difficulty finding someone who will finance the project. He told me that he showed my music page to a co-partner of his and the guy wasn't feeling my music. He tried to tell him that the stuff I am writing now is hot and to trust him, but he doesn't want to put money into my project without hearing anything. I am not able to pay for the studio time and he cannot finance it because he just worked with 2 other artists and he just does not have the money. It is rather expensive since I have to get about 5 songs done to have a single album. He told me alot of information about the music business and I didn't expect there to be so much work. He told me the hardest part right now is getting the music done, and he believes that I can handle that with no problem. So right now I have 3 songs that he really likes and 1 iffy, he also recommended that I write a song that is up-tempo, so I'll give that a try since I'm so used to a more mellow vibe. I have a surprise for all of you though, I plan on poking fun at the reggaeton that is currently out there (nothing malicious, just something to show my humor) like I plan on tackling how the majority of the songs out there are garbage because the writing is really bad, or that some songs invent words just so they could sound hot (Rackata? Gasolina = semen?) So yea, I'd love to know what you all think about that concept and just any well wishes or "You can do it Beebs!" would be much appreciated. BTW: I want to give a big thank you to Jenny wenny for helping me get in contact with this guy. So hopefully she can help finance my record too

-B

No comments: